Sunday, October 24, 2010

Philadelphia & Gettysburg

A few weeks ago, Adam, Stella and I, along with my parents, traveled to Philly for a mini-family reunion with my aunt and cousins and all of our kids. We also made a trip to Gettysburg to see Adam's dad and step-mom. We had so much fun visiting family that we don't get to see often enough as well as enjoying the sights of Philly and Gettysburg. Stella had her first plane ride and first train ride. At 6 months old, she has already been on a plane, train, bus and boat. She is a lucky little girl that gets to experience a lot.

Stella was such a good traveler. I am so proud of her.

On the Gettysburg, PA Battlefield Tour. Since I was in a wheelchair, I didn't get off the bus.

In Independence Hall in downtown Philadelphia.
My cousin Kathy and Stella

At Valley Forge

Stella and I with my cousins Kathy and Jennifer and their kids David, Felicia and Alexandra. Trying to get a group shot was almost impossible when the all the kids wanted to do was play.
My parents at Gettysburg
Stella and my Aunt Barbara
The girls. Best we could do with a 6 month old and two 3-year-olds.

View from the train ride through the Pocono's
Everyone ready for the train ride.
The had a special lift for the handicapped<---me
At Valley Forge, where Washington's troops stayed during the winter of 1777-1778. The house behind us is where George Washington stayed.




No comments: